How We Manage and Protect Your Personal Data
Your privacy is very important to us.
This Statement makes clear how your personal information will be used by Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited or either of our trading brands with whom you might have contact; Supercar Finance and Classic Motor Finance.
Further information about how we use your personal information can be sought from our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Licence No. 673151.
You can write to our Data Protection Officer at our Registered Office:
Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Ltd.
The Old Oast, Coldharbour Lane, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7NS
Registered in England No. 3666971
The terms set out in this Statement apply to any information you give Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited and also apply to any information we already hold about you, which you will have provided us.
We may amend or add to our Data Protection Statement in the future for any of the following reasons.
- to reflect changes rendered necessary by the introduction of new or improved systems, services or operational practices.
- to reflect a change, or anticipated change in conditions in the finance market or general asset or vehicle lending practice;
- to reflect a change, or anticipated change, in any legal or regulatory requirement;
- to make our Data Protection Statement clearer;
- to correct any error that might be discovered at any point.
Your continued use of any of our services following any update to this Data Protection Statement will constitute your acceptance of any changes.
You must not send us personal information about someone else without first getting his or her consent for it to be used and disclosed in the ways set out in our Data Protection Statement. If you give us information (including personal information) on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you the other person has given you permission to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- provide their personal information to us;
- give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- receive on their behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of the individual’s personal data abroad.
Where you do give us information about someone else, or someone else discloses a connection with you, that information may be taken into account with your other personal information when assessing your application to receive our products or services.
Your privacy is very important to us. We understand that we need to be very clear with you how we will use the information we collect from or about you. We use your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection Statement and will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation due to come into force on 25 May 2018, as amended or replaced).
Personal information which we might collect.
- Information you give us (either directly or through an agent such as a solicitor, independent financial advisor or dealer) by completing an application for our services either in writing, through our website, over the telephone or by some other means. This information may include your name, address, contact details, date of birth, bank details, details about your employment and financial information.
- Other personal data supplied by you when you contact us by other means (such as by email or telephone), and records of any correspondence from you or anyone acting on your behalf.
- Personal details provided via our website (for example, via the ‘Contact Us’ form). We process data that you provide to us when you complete our online form (such information may include, but may not be limited to, your name, telephone number, postal address and email address).
- Your credit history.
- Details of transactions you carry out through us.
- Website technical information. When you use the website, we record information about your usage of the website, including IP address, location, cookie data and details about the page you visited. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information on the cookie data we process.
- We will not generally process any special categories of personal data, that is, information that is sensitive such as:
- Ethnic origin;
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will only ever process the personal information you provide us when we have your consent to do so. In addition to this, we may also process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in doing so. This means that we will use your personal information in the manner you would expect us to with regard to arranging asset or vehicle finance for you, which may involve:
- verifying your identity;
- taking credit decisions;
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- complying with laws and regulations (including the rules of any regulatory authority) and public duties;
- monitoring and/or recording your telephone calls and electronic transactions in order to accurately carry out your instructions and/or comply with our regulatory obligations;
- assisting in improving our services and in the interests of security and crime prevention;
- market research and providing you with information via mail, telephone or other means about Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited or our trading brands’ services from time to time;
- Where you have applied for credit or where we have agreed to provide credit to you, we may from time to time make searches of your record at a credit reference agency. Your record includes searches made and information given by other businesses. Details of our searches will be kept by the agency and will be seen by other organisations that make searches with the agency for the purposes of credit assessment, debt recovery, management of your accounts, prevention of money laundering and fraud, and statistical analysis.
- We may at any time search your record with a fraud prevention agency. If at any time you give us or procure the giving of false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this. The fraud prevention agency will use information recorded for statistical analysis about fraud and will also share it with other organisations who will use it to prevent fraud and to help make decisions on finance proposals requested by you, members of your household or any other businesses associated with you.
- Where you apply for credit we will tell you, where permitted by law, if we make a decision about you relating to your credit scoring or eligibility for our products or services solely using an automatic decision making process. You can then request a review by us of the decision using other means.
- If a joint application is made, or the application refers to a business or financial partner, this may result in the CRA’s associating you with the other party when you and/or they make any application for finance in the future. In addition, if you are making an application on behalf of any other person(s), by doing so you confirm to us that you have their authority to disclose their personal information to us, and to give consent on their behalf to all of the uses of their personal data set out in this Data Protection Statement.
- We use your personal data on the following legal bases, depending on the purpose of our processing:
- to enable us to perform the contract between you and us (if you have entered into a contract with us for services);
- your consent (for example, in respect of marketing);
- otherwise in our legitimate interests (for example, to make available the website to you); or
- to comply with a legal obligation.
Where the processing of your personal data by us is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing which has taken place before you have withdrawn your consent.
Where we have permission to do so, we may provide you with marketing material in relation to products and services we may offer, where we do provide this information we will always give you an easy method to stop receiving it in future.
We may from time to time contact you about services available from Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited and our trading brands which we believe may be of interest to you.. You can tell us at any time if you change your mind, by email (at email@example.com ) or in writing to the address at the end of this Data Protection Statement). You will always be given a clear Unsubscribe option on email communications.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to the following recipients:
- Where you have been introduced to us by an introducer such as a dealer or finance broker, we will inform the introducer about the outcome of your application and whether we have agreed to provide you with the product or service for which you have applied. We may also disclose information about you and your relationship with us throughout the term of that relationship. If you do not wish us to disclose this information, please inform us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- including our data hosting and payment processing suppliers. We do not share your personal information with our agents or suppliers except as is necessary in order to enable them to provide us with a service.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the rights to any agreement between you and Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited are assigned to a third party.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Limited, our customers, or others.
Retention of your personal data
We will ensure that we only retain your personal data for as long as we need to, in accordance with UK Data Protection Laws, specifically with regard to the reason you provided it to us in the first place.
Transfer and Storage of Data Outside the UK.
Whilst our data storage facilities are based in the UK, we may also use “Cloud” based data storage solutions to process your data. Where we make use of such storage, we will ensure that your personal data is kept safe. Where the Cloud provider transfers data outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that that Cloud provider only transfers personal data to countries with adequate data protection measures in place.
- You may at any time request access or amendments to your personal data by writing to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- You may request details of the credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies with which we may have carried out searches. If there are any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you, please notify us of this in order that we may correct the information we hold about you.
- Under the GDPR, or any equivalent rules in the UK, you may be entitled to additional rights in relation to our handling of your personal data. For example, the right to have your personal data erased, the right to object to or restrict us from processing your personal data, he right to have your personal data transported to another organisation or the right to request a review of any automated decision-making we use with regard to your finance application.
- If you would like to exercise these rights once they come into force, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you have any complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com Should we be unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to take your complaint further, you may do so by contacting the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK Regulator with regard to data protection). You may do so by calling 0303 123 1113 or visiting www.ico.org.uk
How to contact us
If you have any comments or questions about our Data Protection Statement please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Sterling Capital Finance (SE) Ltd.
The Old Oast
Kent. ME20 7NS
Hire purchase is a simple, straightforward way to allow you to spread the cost of buying your new car.
With Variable Rate Options, we can link your interest to a base rate with a Balanced Payment Plan, or charge interest on the reducing capital balance with a Day To Day facility.
We offer our clients a range of equity release schemes whereby you can borrow against the value of one of your current vehicles.
A Balloon Payment can often be built into the agreement to bring down the monthly payments.
A Finance Lease allows use of the vehicle whilst paying a rental rather than a repayment.